Mower is a fiercely independent full-service advertising, marketing, and PR firm with over 10 locations across the United States. The Mower Media team has a terrific opportunity for a Senior Media Planner/Buyer who will work closely with an integrated agency team and own responsibility for media strategy and planning plus media buying, implementation and analytics reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops a solid understanding of consumer and industry insights to analyze the competitive advertising landscape and budget allocations across various consumer media connections.
- Creates recommendations and presentation materials about when and where a client’s advertising dollars should be spent across a number of different channels, including but not limited to: television, radio, print, digital, mobile, social, event, outdoor, and/or in store mediums.
- Works closely with Associate Media Director to coordinate and maintain media plans including flowcharts and other plan details.
- Pulls a variety of research to assist with planning and begin to develop insights based on that information.
- Begins to identify unique opportunities for client based on knowledge of client, their industry, and media landscape.
- Maintains a deep understanding of media buying and can assist other planners with negotiating and marketplace knowledge.
- Collaborates with internal colleagues and external sales reps to help bring advertising recommendations to life in the most effective and efficient way.
- Directly accountable for purchase of all media and works to ensure that buy is finalized properly.
- Monitors budgets, reporting and purchases to ensure all ads run as ordered and identify value delivered.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field preferred
- 3 – 6 years of experience; preferably agency media planning experience
- Strong written and verbal communication and people skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, media partners and internal teams
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Adaptable to change and the ability to multi-task
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, quickly changing, technology-focused industry
- Proactive and self-motivated personality
- Curious, self-learner who stays current on media trends
Culture and Benefit Highlights:
- Robust healthcare options (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and profit-sharing program
- New business and recruiting bonuses
- Generous paid time off
- Hybrid and flexible schedules
- Agency-wide cultural celebrations
- D,E&I training and company-wide diversity initiatives
- Supervisor, skills, and discipline-specific training opportunities
Salary Range: $55K – $75K annually
*Salary differential is based on seniority, merit, education, training and experience.