Mower is seeking a conceptually driven Senior Art Director to join our Buffalo or Rochester office. Must be passionate about the work and capable of delivering strategically sound, award-worthy concepts for traditional, digital and experiential projects. Must also be a good human, possessing the personality and enthusiasm to lead projects and inspire co-workers. So if you feel at-home in a fast-paced agency setting—and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty—we look forward to seeing how you can help take our team to the next level.
What you’ll do:
- Create killer work and present it, internally and externally.
- Ensure brand consistency in design and layout across multiple clients.
- Manage and produce still and video productions with minimal oversight.
- Partner with writers to create solutions that turn heads and turn up clients’ ROI.
- Inspire and provide clear art/design direction to junior designers.
- Participate in new-business pitches.
Who you are:
- A collaborator. You integrate well with a close-knit team who work together to solve unknowns.
- An experimenter. You’re excited to create new rather than defaulting to what’s expected.
- A builder. You see technology, media and experiential activation as tools for creativity.
- Ego-less. You’re low on ego and big on fun.
What you’ll need:
- 5–7 years of experience as an art director in advertising or a related field
- BA or BFA in art, graphic design or a related field
- Proven ability to concept big ideas and tactics that span a range of platforms
- A portfolio which clearly demonstrates your skills and thinking
- An eye for design with stellar layout and typographic skills
- A strong understanding of visual branding trends and best practices
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and a Mac OS X environment
- An understanding of creative strategy to ensure effective results and client growth
- Experience assessing and directing third-party photography, illustration and video partners
- An ability to direct and mentor junior team members; a team-player mentality; effective communication skills