Mower is a fiercely independent full-service advertising, marketing and PR firm with offices in nine cities across the United States. The Mower PR group in New York City, which specializes in the travel, tourism and lifestyle sectors, has a terrific opportunity for a rising PR/social media star to join our award-winning team as an Account Coordinator. This is a fantastic entry-level position for a recent graduate who has had some related internship experience. Bonus points for candidates with experience working on organic social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, or an interest in learning the trade.
Our newest team member will play a key role on their account teams, diving into media relations and potential social media work for gold-standard companies like international airlines and luxury hotels and resorts.
We are fierce. We are friends. We are MOWER. Across our nine offices you’ll find a group of independent thinkers – almost 200 strong – who love to collaborate on building brands. We work hard, and we make sure to have fun doing it. New York City’s cool office environment (picture awesome lounges for brainstorming and regular Thursday happy hours, with beer and cider on tap, among other perks) gives us the creative space to think big and make great things happen for our clients.
Our Next Fierce Friend Is:
- Passionate about communications.
- Enthusiastic about “the hunt” for earned media coverage.
- Ready to tackle an exciting “think big” project, while also ensuring day-to-day logistics of the PR job are in order.
- Self-motivated, and always looking ahead to what’s around the work bend.
- Eager to learn and stay on top of trends.
- A team player who juggles like a circus clown and never stops accelerating.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support multiple clients simultaneously, working in coordination with your Mower account team.
- Develop compelling pitch angles, research the media landscape and secure editorial coverage that has clients saying, “Wow – you get what we need!”
- Monitor media changes and keep Mower’s shared database of important targets finely tuned.
- Spearhead reports for clients that demonstrate our shared success.
- Coordinate client calls and meetings, including thoughtfully organized agendas and recaps of important action items.
- Minimum of one internship in PR or related field
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a related field
- Based in New York City area
- Robust healthcare options (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous paid time off
- 401K program
- Training program provided by Mower staff across disciplines, designed to expand your knowledge across the fields of advertising, marketing and PR
- New business and recruiting bonuses