Tablets are becoming the preferred tool within companies — especially for sales forces. These devices provide a great deal of flexibility and power in a small and portable format. The rate of adoption is impressive.
Tablets have exploded inside the enterprise. Since April 2010, iPads have been adopted by a majority of Fortune 100 companies and over two-thirds of manufacturing companies. In fact, 75% of corporate executives are using tablets to support sales — or plan to within the next year.
The tablet provides an amazing opportunity for marketing to deliver very engaging and interactive materials. In the past, this has been difficult and cost prohibitive because creating an interactive experience was done by building native applications.
The good news is that digital publishing has finally caught up to marketing needs. Now we can create, manage, and deliver interactive materials to these devices in the field faster and more efficiently than ever before. That’s because marketing teams can make changes, update and publish new materials in real time. Detailed analytics that give the ability to see how materials are being used can help marketing develop the most effective tools for their sales teams.
Adobe, the leader in digital publishing, has extended its tools to include a new and powerful Digital Publishing Suite. It has taken the tools that designers and content creators have been using for years and added a critical digital publishing workflow. In the past, native application development or interactive PDFs were the only options for creating digitally published content.
Adobe Digital Publishing Suite is the off-the-shelf tablet publishing solution, an extension of its InDesign authoring tools. It allows the creation of highly designed, immersive content that can be published across a variety of marketplaces and devices — including iPad, Kindle Fire, and other Android™ tablets.
What benefits do Digital Publishing tools bring to tablets?
Leverage Existing Assets
- Use existing assets (printed materials, videos, etc.) to create an engaging experience on a tablet.
- Produce materials with a workflow similar to that of printed materials.
Flexibility and Control
- Create more engaging materials for sales force channels and customers.
- Pieces are always up to date because you can change, modify or add to materials without reprinting.
- Gain insight with detailed measurement of what and how materials are being used.
Interactivity and Connectivity
- Bring products to life by adding video, animation and interactive product demos.
- Incorporate online resources like links to web content and online ordering.
- Integrate with CRM and demand-generation tools like Salesforce.com and Marketo.
At the end of the day, closing sales in the B2B space is about relationships and the one-on-one meeting. The experience of that meeting and having the right materials and the ability to demonstrate the features and benefits of your products can mean the difference between closing a deal or losing a deal. In the B2B channel, using highly engaging and connected marketing materials can increase customer engagement and, in turn, increase sales. The ability for sales to collaborate with marketing teams and marketing’s ability to respond quickly and efficiently will help both teams acquire more customers.