Mower is a fiercely independent full-service advertising, marketing and PR firm with offices in nine cities across the United States. The Mower Public Relations & Public Affairs Group in Upstate New York has a terrific opportunity for a public affairs professional to join our award-winning team as a Senior Counselor. This is a fantastic mid-level position for someone with at least three years of experience executing public relations campaigns, conducting community outreach, or working on issue-oriented matters.
Our newest team member will play a key role in driving our clients’ business forward, diving into media relations and potential social media work for gold-standard companies.
We are fierce. We are friends. We are MOWER. Across our nine offices you’ll find a group of independent thinkers – almost 200 strong – who love to collaborate on building brands. We work hard, and we make sure to have fun doing it.
Our Next Fierce Friend Is:
- Passionate about communications.
- Respected by journalists for their thoughtfully researched and well-crafted communications.
- Known for excellent writing skills, and can handle communications internally and with a client just as masterfully.
- Ready to tackle an exciting “think big” project, while also ensuring day-to-day logistics of the PR job are in order.
- Self-motivated, and always looking ahead to what’s around the work bend.
- Eager to learn and stay on top of trends.
- A team player who juggles like a circus clown and never stops accelerating.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple clients simultaneously, working in coordination with your Mower account team.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on developing strategies that meet clients’ business objectives. Play an active role in executing these success plans.
- Develop compelling pitch angles, research the media landscape and secure editorial coverage that has clients saying, “Wow – you get what we need!”
- Three or more years of full-time experience in public relations, with demonstrated media relations and community engagement know-how
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a related field
- Experience in energy, healthcare, environmental industries a plus.
- Robust healthcare options (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous paid time off
- 401K program
- Training program provided by Mower staff across disciplines, designed to expand your knowledge across the fields of advertising, marketing and PR
- New business and recruiting bonuses