Mower’s Syracuse office has a terrific opportunity to join its fast paced, full service, advertising, marketing, public relations firm with offices in nine cities across the United States. The Human Resources Generalist we seek will serve as a vital point of contact to understand employee concerns and provide support in all areas of the Human Resources functions of the agency.
- Assist HR team in daily operations of the department, maintain confidentiality of employees and ensure compliance and consistency through the agency
- Identify learning and development programs for agency staff, working with CAO, Talent Acquisition Manager and other leaders, create and maintain training and development database
- Assist with ongoing communications and refining of Agency Personnel Policies and Procedures, and develops training on revised policies, as needed
- Assist with measurement of employee performance and career development goals utilizing career discussion guides and 360’s
- Support career development programs which includes updating career ladders, job descriptions and compensation data
- Support recruitment process by reviewing resumes in applicant tracking system (ADP), prequalify candidates for manager review, set up phone screens, schedule interviews, attend local career/intern job fairs as needed
- Assist with communication and administration of employee benefits, payroll processing and ancillary products
- Assist with claims management (FMLA, Disability, Worker’s Compensation, and Unemployment)
- Keep accurate employee records and ensure employee files are compliant and up-to-date
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
- Experience leading or supporting benefits and programs, payroll processing/backup, learning and development program support.
- Experience developing and delivering training to groups or working with outside resources to accomplish training goals and maintaining a database of learning & development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and at least 2-5 years of related experience
- Solid knowledge of HR standards, current laws
- Knowledge of payroll (ADP Workforce) HRIS, 401k, health, dental, vision insurances and ancillary benefits
- Detail oriented, highly organized with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly, Excel and PowerPoint
- Certification from SHRM, HRCI or ASTD desired but not required