Mower is a fiercely independent full-service advertising, marketing and PR firm with offices in nine cities across the United States. The Mower PR group in New York City, which specializes in the travel, tourism and lifestyle sectors, has a terrific opportunity for a PR/social media star to join our award-winning team as an Account Executive. This is a fantastic mid-level position for someone with at least two years’ experience in the PR industry. Bonus points for candidates with experience managing organic social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, or an interest in learning the trade.
Our newest team member will play a key role in driving our clients’ business forward, playing an active role in media relations and potential social media work for gold-standard companies like international airlines and luxury hotels and resorts.
We are fierce. We are friends. We are MOWER. Across our nine offices you’ll find a group of independent thinkers – almost 200 strong – who love to collaborate on building brands. We work hard, and we make sure to have fun doing it. New York City’s cool office environment (picture awesome lounges for brainstorming and regular Thursday happy hours, with beer and cider on tap, among other perks) gives us the creative space to think big and make great things happen for our clients.
Our Next Fierce Friend Is:
- Passionate about communications.
- Enthusiastic about “the hunt” for earned media coverage.
- Ready to tackle an exciting “think big” project, while also ensuring day-to-day logistics of the PR job are in order.
- Self-motivated, and always looking ahead to what’s around the work bend.
- Eager to learn and stay on top of trends.
- A team player who juggles like a circus clown and never stops accelerating.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple clients simultaneously, working cooperatively as part of a multi-person account team.
- In coordination with your account team, brainstorm programs and initiatives and general media strategies that will help Mower meet clients’ business objectives. Play a key part in seeing strategies implemented.
- Craft press announcements and other written materials that help tell your clients’ unique stories.
- Develop compelling pitch angles, research the media landscape and secure editorial coverage that has clients saying, “Wow – you get what we need!”
- Monitor media changes and work with your colleagues to keep Mower’s shared database of important targets finely tuned.
- Mentor junior staff and summer interns, providing coaching and review of their work before it is presented to a team lead for final sign-off.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in PR
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a related field
- Based in New York City area
- Robust healthcare options (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous paid time off
- 401K program
- WeWork (exclusive to NYC office) membership perks (happy hours, occasional free breakfasts and lunches, discounts with major businesses, like fitness centers, retail shops, travel companies, entertainment venues, etc.)
- Training program provided by Mower staff across disciplines, designed to expand your knowledge across the fields of advertising, marketing and PR
- New business and recruiting bonuses