EMA is currently seeking an experienced, integrated media planner/buyer to join our Charlotte media team. The Media Supervisor will work closely with the integrated agency team and own responsibility for media strategy and planning plus media buying, implementation and analytics reporting for key agency accounts. Clients may span a variety of industries including automotive, healthcare, financial services, travel and tourism and others. Integrated B2B media planning and buying experience is required.
Media Planning, Buying, Activation and Management
- Learn the client’s business inside and out and staying abreast of industry and competitor information including deep understanding of goals, KPI’s, business and marketing strategies, and target markets
- Work with Associate Director and/or Director as well colleagues within media and across other agency departments to create, present and execute multi-channel media and communication plans that meet strategic and budget requirements for assigned clients
- Generate media insights using various data sources and craft strategic POVs
- Represent media in integrated planning efforts that create communication strategies
- Collaborate with internal colleagues and external sales professionals to help bring advertising recommendations to life in the most effective and efficient way.
- Serve as key contact for media partners in a variety of mediums to negotiate best investment opportunities.
- Monitor plan execution and serve as a first point of contact to raise and resolve any identified issues/discrepancies.
- Responsible for campaign/program response and contribute to overall strategic & business goals
- Work with Analytics team to develop Measurement Plan
- Serve as first-level coach and supervisor to one or more planners/assistant planners
- Delegate work responsibilities as required
- Conduct annual performance reviews, maintain overall employee engagement
Client Stewardship and Business Growth
- Serve as key client and internal account services contact for all assigned media engagements
- Focus on client growth and creating solutions for the next year or planning cycle
- Participate in new business development efforts, including proposal development and new business pitch presentations
Job Requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 years of integrated media planning/buying experience to include print, radio, digital display (programmatic, network and site direct), native, paid social media, etc. Paid search experience is a plus but not required. Broadcast experience is a plus but not required.
- Strong experience in B2B
- Mastery of execution and activation sides of media
- Strong negotiator with a good understanding of the buying side of the media business
- Able to execute media strategy and planning with support from senior leadership
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in DoubleClick Campaign Manager is a plus
- Experience in Sizmek is a plus
- Experience managing people
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Excellence in proposal and media plan writing
- Ability to collaborate across an integrated team