We know you're smart, talented and probably a heck of a nice person. But do you have drive, confidence and an undying passion to do great work? In short, can you walk the Talk? If so, we'd like to, well, Talk to you. If you don't see a position that's right for you, check back again because our needs are constantly changing.
Digital Art Director - (Atlanta, GA)
EMA is looking for a Digital Art Director to join our fun, creative marketing agency with a core competency in digital services. The Digital Art Director will report directly to the Digital Design Leader and work together with a talented and motivated team of visual designers to create fluid web solutions and effective interactive experiences. We are looking for a hands-on Art Director who can push the limits of design, think outside of the box, and have a solid understanding of user experience. The Digital Art Director will help design new websites, provide ongoing graphics and HTML support for current websites, assist with site frameworks, wireframes, and user experience—for both traditional and small screen/mobile environments. The Digital Art Director should possess strong conceptual and technical skills.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Design visually attractive interfaces and web pages based on principles of design and usability—desktop and small screen/mobile environments
- Look for ways to evolve the user experience in the form of smart design solutions and new user interactions
- Work with the marketing team to develop innovative and on brand creative
- Design and assist with other digital creative projects such as: Email campaigns, banner ads, Power Point/Keynote presentations
Candidates must present a portfolio with examples of some or all of the following:
- A proven, deep understanding of web site design, usability, functionality and an overall passion for digital marketing design
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in graphic design or web design
- 5+ years’ experience in interactive/digital art direction and design.
- Strong talent for all elements of design, layout and typography
- Have a love of detail oriented work
- Superior knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of mobile web design and small screen variables
- Have a strong understanding of latest web technologies and their capabilities
- Fundamental understanding of GUI design and intuitive navigation schemes
- Strong time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong IA skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to keep abreast of innovative design trends and technologies
- Wordpress/Joomla/Drupal theme design skills a plus
- Video experience a plus
- Active websites created and/or maintained by candidate
- Flash-based animation and web applications
- Projects utilizing programming skills in CSS and HTML
- PowerPoint and/or Keynote presentation
- Email campaign designs
- Banner Ad designs
Why work here?
Lots of reasons. But maybe the best reason is because at EMA, Talk Human is more than a "brand expression," it's the way we live. After all, we're just like you — we want to work where we feel appreciated and valued. So we treat each other with respect. We encourage a fun-loving atmosphere. We give people an opportunity to grow and stretch their wings.
The result is an environment where employees thrive.
- Just for newbies ... at the risk of spoiling you rotten, we start off all new EMAers with a group orientation program (including an IMAX film, happy hour and dinner). If it makes you feel special, it's because you are.
- Benefits? Vacation time? EMA offers a comprehensive benefits package. Click here to view a complete listing of our benefits
- Yes, we have profit sharing ... we like to reward outstanding performance.
- Refer a friend, get a bonus. Since good help is so hard to find, we give a very generous bonus to any employee who helps us fill an opening.
- Business casual. Yes, we have it — every day, unless you need to dress more formally for a client.
- A highly active social committee that's always planning some seasonally appropriate event for employees and their families.
- An anniversary party for employees celebrating benchmark years with the company (some folks have celebrated 25 years — which really says a lot about us, we think.)
Does EMA offer internships? You bet. In fact, internships are available across nearly all disciplines within the agency. But be warned: we get a fair amount of applications, so be creative and give us a good idea of who you are and where you want to go. We are no longer accepting applications for Summer 2013 Internships. We will open the application process for Fall 2013 soon. Also, check out our intern blog.